I hereby certify that the above notice of meeting was posted on the bulletin board at the City Hall of the City of Abilene, Texas, on the ______ day of May, 2016, at ___________.
Danette Dunlap, City Secretary
(Consultation with Attorney) Section 551.071
The following pending litigation subjects which may be discussed are:
- City of Abilene, Texas v. Aurora Bumgarner; 104th Judicial District Court, Taylor County, Texas; filed November 17, 2011
- Chad Carter v. City of Abilene, Texas; Cause No. 10138-D, In the 350th Judicial District Court, Taylor County, Texas, filed June 17, 2014
- Gary Lee and Marilu Lee Corpian v. City of Abilene, Cause No. 48,766-A in the 42nd District Court 2015
- Margarita Mitchell, et al. v. The City of Abilene, et al., filed in the 350th Judicial District Court, Taylor County, Texas, on October 21, 2015
- Susan Lewis King & Austin King MD vs Ken Paxton, Attorney General of Texas and the City of Abilene. Cause No. D-1-GN-16-001160
- Abilene Matera LLC v. Board of Building Standards for the City of Abilene and City of Abilene, Cause No. 10696-D. March 17, 2016.
- Ruby Flores and Cory Almanza v. Jesus Verastegui, Alfredo Verastegui, Rosalva Verastegui, and City of Abilene, Cause No. 49368-A, 42nd District Court, Abilene, Taylor County, Texas, filed April 13, 2016
E.G., et al. v. Barry Bond, City of Abilene, and Abilene Independent School District, Case 1:16-cv-00068-BL, U.S. District Court, Northern District, Abilene Division, filed April 28, 2016
A) ATMOS Settlement between ATMOS Cities Steering Committee and ATMOS Energy Corp., Mid-Tex Division
B) Regarding possible litigation with TML Intergovernmental Risk Pool
(Personnel) Section 551.074
City Council may consider appointment, employment, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of public officers or employees, City Manager, City Attorney, Municipal Court Judge, City Secretary, and City Board and Commission Members.
The following Boards and Commissions may be discussed:
Abilene Economic Development Company, Inc.
Abilene Health Facilities Development Corp.
Abilene Higher Education Facilities Corporation
Abilene-Taylor County Events Venue District
Board of Adjustments
Board of Building Standards
Civic Abilene, Inc.
Civil Service Commission
Development Corporation of Abilene, Inc.
Friends of Safety City Board
Frontier Texas! Board of Directors
Abilene Housing Authority
Mechanical/Plumbing/Electrical & Swimming Pool Board of Appeals
Mental Health-Mental Retardation Board of Trustees
9-1-1 Emergency Communications District Board of Managers
Parks & Recreation Board
Planning and Zoning Commission
Taylor County Appraisal District
West Central Texas Municipal Water District
Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Board
(Real Property) Section 551.072
(Business Prospect/Economic Development) Section 551.087
(Deliberations about Gifts and Donations) Section 551.073
(Deliberations about Security Devices) Section 551.076